The Upton Economic Development Board (UEDB) Invites Applications for an Executive Director
Friday, September 07, 2018
The Upton Economic Development Board (UEDB) invites applications for an Executive Director that will ensure the accomplishment of the mission, vision, and goals of the UEDB. The three main duties that are expected for this position are Board/Organization Management, Business Recruitment and Marketing, and Existing Businesses Retention and Expansion. The UEDB is a 501 c 4 non-profit, in addition, the board manages a 501 c 3 non-profit, the Upton Redevelopment Corporation (URC). The URC has similar goals to that of the UEDB with the additional ability of obtaining donations with tax benefits to the donor.
The UEDB was developed with the mission to “serve as stewards that promote, develop, and support a strong Greater Upton Community”. Located in Upton, Wyoming, the UEDB has been fulfilling this mission through several community and economic enhancement projects throughout the years. The Board is now looking to increase its activity and focus on attracting and retaining businesses and primary jobs. Additionally, the Board looks to facilitate the expansion and development of existing businesses to achieve sustainable growth and improve the economic well-being of the citizens of the greater Upton, Wyoming area.
- Full time salaried position with benefit and incentive package
- Salary range: Depends on Experience
- Reports to: Board of Directors
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proved strategic leadership to the organization. Work with Board to establish long range goals, strategies, plans and policies. Facilitate progress and assure successful implementation by guiding committees and building support throughout organization.
- Primary focus on business attraction and expansion, with an intimate knowledge of key industry factors in our area.
- Monitor the status, developments and challenges within the economic development industry to ensure strategic plans and corporate direction are aligned for success.
- Be a spokesperson for the Board on a local, regional, state and national level. Communicate effectively in public and private forums including conferences, government and business meetings, fundraisers, network activities and media events. This will require both night and weekend attendance on occasion.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local and state elected officials, government agencies, business leaders and community partners.
- Facilitate yearly giving to the community with the Wyoming Community Foundation and the Upton Redevelopment Corporation.
- Aid existing businesses where areas of need are identified and work with stakeholders to implement workforce development if needed.
- Be an influencing and recognized authority on local and state economic development issues. Educate stakeholders about related legislation and regulations that affect business expansion and growth.
- Generate positive, frequent media coverage.
- Balance programs, initiatives and resources relative to a budget and the demands of the Board.
- Facilitate communication amongst Board members, committees, stakeholders and community partners.
- Administer the personnel and administrative function of the Board to include financial management, operating oversight, performance evaluation, succession planning and work analysis.
- Assist individuals or groups willing to donate to the Board, wishing tax benefits for the donor.
- May be required to perform other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience. Preference will be given for Economic Development certifications and/or experience.
- Minimum five years of senior level business/non-profit organization experience to include financial analysis, budgeting, marketing and personnel management.
- Experience in public speaking/public relations and media engagement.
- Grant and contract management experience.
- Professionalism i.e. appearance, demeanor, reliability, organizational skills, accountability integrity, honesty, etc.
- Board management, committee oversight and stakeholder development experience.
- Familiarity with the energy industry, logistics (rail and truck transportation), and the State of Wyoming.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and close, build the capabilities of the Board, committees, and stakeholders.
- Strong consensus building and problem solving skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Legislative knowledge and experience beneficial.
- Proven leadership skills to drive organization to achieve goals.
- Willingness to relocate to the area.
We request submission of a resume accompanied by a cover letter and three professional references sent to Upton Economic Development Board, P.O. Box 731, Upton, WY 82730 or emailed to email@example.com. All submissions are due by 12:00 pm Mountain on Monday, October 1st, 2018.